Sunday, November 29, 2015

If I Was Boss


                                (Thought out by the office boy)


I wish I was the boss round here
     Things wouldn’t be as they are now;
I’d have a better atmosphere
     Around the office, anyhow.
I wouldn’t have the best dressed clerks
     Come in most any time of day,
And then the one who really works
     Put in more hours at smaller pay.

I wouldn’t ‘low the help to speak
     About the owners as they do,
And say the boss he is a “freak”,
     I’d punch their noses black and blue.
I’d have two office boys instead
     Of one to do the work I do;
And then he wouldn’t be so dead     
     Before the long day’s work is through.

I wouldn’t let each dopey guy
     Maul our stenog’ the way they do;
But I would let the office boy
     Talk to her when he wanted to.
Perhaps I will be boss someday
     If I just work and never shirk,
And then I’ll fire them clerks away,
     And me and her will do the work.



Nov. 29, 09




No comments:

Post a Comment