Saturday, February 28, 2015

Song Of The Microbe



          I.
I’m in the air,
I’m everywhere,

I’m after all of you;
You can’t escape

My little shape,
If I choose to pursue.

I’m in your food,
Both bad and good,

I’m with you both day and night;
I’m in your meat,

And all you eat,
Tho’ I am out of sight.

          II.
I’m in the dust,

I’m in the crust,
I’m in the bucket old;

I’m in the well,
I’m in the dell,

I’m in the sunny world.
I’m here and there,

I’m everywhere,
My grip I never lose;

My little shape
You can’t escape,

I catch whome’er I choose.

          Refrain
Just a little microbe,
     Just a tiny mite;
Just –playing possum,
     Hidden out of sight.
Laying low and waiting,
     As yet unknown to fame;
Just a little microbe,
     I get there just the same.



Feb. 29, 1896

B. Courier, Dec. 12, 1897 

No comments:

Post a Comment