Saturday, August 29, 2015

A Thoughtful Husband



I’m lonely since you went away,
        Our home is blurring dull,
The house seems like an empty farm,
        Except the sink is full.
I roam the drear’, deserted rooms
        And speak your name in vain;
The plants are even withered now,
        Because we’ve had no rain.

I leave the office as of yore
        And take the self same car;
I try to spend the evenings in,
        Alas! They dreary are.
And then I think how lonely too
        You must be way off there,
And so I come back into town
        Where all is light and fair.

I know you’ll want to hear about
        The shows we’re having here
When you get back, and so to please
        I am going dear.
I take one in most every night,
        This sacrifice I make;
‘Tis not because I want to go,
        But simply for your sake.



Aug. 29, ‘10




No comments:

Post a Comment