Friday, August 21, 2015

Song Of Gratitude


                                   Dedicated to East Cambridge branch, of the Y. M. C. A.


No more I’ll wander up and down
The cheerless streets within this town,
And look in vain, as on I go,
For some familiar face I know.
Ah, no; at close of weary day
I, to the “Rooms” will hie away;
Where papers, books and magazines
Will bear me on to brighter scenes.

No more I’ll sit in “furnished room”,
(The city’s young man’s living tomb)
And marvel o’er my lonely lot,
And wonder why men know me not.
Ah, no; at close of weary day
I, to the Rooms will hie away;
Where, meeting with a merry throng,
We’ll socialize with book and song.

When wintry winds sweep through the streets,
Or rain if pelting down in sheets,
And life without seems cold and drear,
A dismal night I will not fear.
Ah, no; at close of weary day
I, to the “Rooms” will hie away;
And there, while snug and warm, I’ll say:
“God bless the whole Y. M. C. A.”.



Aug. 21, ‘91
   Camb. Press,
          +

Association Record 

No comments:

Post a Comment