Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Home-Made



It ain’t becuz I’m hungry,
     I git enough to eat,
But ev’ry day I hanker
     To hev a little treat.
It comes on ev’ry winter,
     Or, ruther, early fall,
And lasts till, well, I’ve hed it,
     Afore it goes at all.

Can’t git it in the city,
     The same ez on the farm,
The so-called home-made fodder
     Hain’t got no country charm.
‘Tain’t pie nor cake I’m after,
     Nur puddin’, by the way,
I want some home-made sausage
     To cheer me up today.

I want some home-made sausage
     Like mother used to chop;
An’ I hev got to hev it
     Afore this ache will stop.
The good ol’ juicy sausage
     From home-fed pigs an’ fruit;
Hain’t nothin’ else jest like it,
     Hain’t nothin’ else will suit.

Give me the home-made fodder,
     Give me the home-made soul;
It’s always satisfyin’,
     An’ fills a gapin’ hole.
It’s got the stuff right in it,
     It’s taste is boun’ to tell;
Give me some home-made sausage,
     An’ some home-made folks as well.



Oct. 20, ‘09




No comments:

Post a Comment