Sunday, April 26, 2015

Mr. Doctor



Please, Mr. Doctor, I have come
     To bring my dolly here;
I dropped her on a great big stone,
     And she is hurt, I fear.
She hasn’t spoke once since she fell,
     And cannot raise her head;
Please Mr. Doctor, will you look
     To see if Dolly’s dead.

Don’t put a spoon down in her throat,
     Nor rap her stomach so;
But you may feel of dolly’s pulse,
     And give her pills, you know.
I cannot leave her over night
     Nor have her sent away
To any hospital, so please
     To cure her up today.

Be careful not to hurt her, please,
     (Yes, that is where she fell)
One every hour? I’m much obliged,
     And if you think she’s well
I’ll have to go – you want some pay?
     O my, I have no fee;
You’ll have to send papa the bill,
     I dess he’ll pay for me.



April 26, 1904


No comments:

Post a Comment