Friday, June 26, 2015

The Christmas Feelin’



I like the Christmas Feeling that is filling all the air,
That fills the streets and busy stores, and scatters everywhere;
I like the easy manner of the people on the street,
The bundle-laden people, and the shop-girls smiling sweet.
There’s a glow of warmth and splendor in the windows everywhere,
There’s a glow in people’s faces which has lately stolen there;
And everywhere the bells ring out with merry peal and chime,
Which makes me like the Feeling of the happy Christmas time.

I like the Christmas Feeling; there is nothing can compare
With the free and kindly spirit that is spreading everywhere;
The rich, the poor, the young and old, all catch its atmosphere
I like to Feel the presents as they reach me day by day;
The presence of the presents drives my loneliness away.
To Feel that I’m remembered is a Feeling most sublime,
The Feeling of the Feeling of the happy Christmas time.




June 26, 1901

The published version replaced:
“The rich, the poor, the young and old, all catch its atmosphere”
with:
“And every heart for once is full of good old Christmas cheer.”
 



No comments:

Post a Comment