Friday, January 30, 2015

Rhyme An’ Melerdy


Poet I am boun’ ter be,
Full uv rhyme an’ melerdy;
If there’s sech a thing as fame,
I will hitch it to my name.
Let the worl’ do what it will,
My ambitions all to kill,
Let all critics douse me o’er,
Icy water on me pour,
Let ‘em wash me to the sea,
They can’t drown my melerdy.

Rhyme will be my gallant ship,
Melerdy will be her trip.
Thus we’ll haunt thur sea uv life
Harmonizin’ all its strife;
Takin’ here an’ there a prize
Through ther straits ter paradise.

All of Satan’s mighty fleet,
Armored, stanch an’ crew complete,
Kennot silence any time
My rich melerdy an’ rhyme.
For my daily purpose is
Singin’ down perplexities.
But I hev a trouble too,
Thet I kennot quite undo;
An’ it iis thet none but me
See my rhyme an’ melody.



Jan. 30, ‘92
Pub. in Conn. Valley Advertiser

No comments:

Post a Comment