Monday, January 26, 2015

Tiltup Time



Tiltup time’s the time fur me,
Right here where the pick’rel be;
Hev no hank’rin’ in my dreams
For the sight uv furrin’ streams.
“Lizzard Crick’s” the place fur me,
With its frozen scenery;
Fishin’ on ol’ “Lizzard” prime,
Pick’rel an’ tiltup time!

Hain’t no place I’d ruther be,
Hain’t no better job fur me
In the hull blamed world I know
Than to take my sled an’ go
Down there in the bend an’ stay
Where them yaller pick’rel lay.
Beats the workin’ on a rhyme
Lizzard Crick an’ tiltup time.

Pick’rel yaller, bright an’ trim,
Pick’rel fat an’ pick’rel slim;
Live bait swimmin’ here an’ there
Tiltups bobbin’ ev’rywhere
O jes please to stay away!
Don’t come botherin’ round today
Pickerel are a-bitin’ prime –
“Lizzard Crick” an’ tiltup time.



Jan. 26, 1906



No comments:

Post a Comment