Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Perchin’ On Ol’ “Lizzard”



Some folks thinks it’s fun tur be
On the rollin’, pitchin’ sea,
With a cod-line in their hand
Ten or twenty mile frum land.
Or mayhaps out on a tug,
With a hidden flask or jug,
Ketchin’ nothin’ but a cold,
Or a wettin’, I am told.

Some folks think it’s fun tur go
Where the salmon waters flow,
Or the muskellunge is found
Weighin’ more’n a hundred pound.
That may be, but jest the same
I don’t want thet kind o’ game;
I ain’t after whales, yew see,
Somethin’ smaller’ll do fur me.

“Lizzard Crick” hits me O.K.,
Where the yaller perches lay;
Fat an’ yaller ‘neath the boat,
Watchin’ me throw line an’ float.
No unsartinty yew see,
“Lizzard Crick’s” the place fur me;
Jest fills me with happerness,
‘Cuz I know I’ll ketch a mess.


July 28, ‘05



No comments:

Post a Comment