Thursday, July 30, 2015

Regardless Of The Weather


                                                              A Ballad
                                                     By “Jay Archer Thorne”


I’ll be with you, my love, to-night,
     Regardless of the weather;
And we once more our troth will plight,
While strolling safely hid from sight.
     Down through to grove to-gether.

Ah, we were young and foolish, dear,
     And parted from each other;
But years of wand’ring o’er this sphere
Has brought to me the truth full clear –
     I ne’er can love another.

The past will lie behind a pall,
     ‘Twill make no difference whether
The moon shines bright or not at all,
I’ll kiss you ‘neath the pine trees tall,
     Regardless of the weather.



July 30, ‘91
Pub. in Ct.

Valley Ad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment