Sunday, December 27, 2015

Life An’ Roses



O, life is full uv roses, they are bloomin’ ev’rywhere;
An’ their fragrance lends a color tew the hot an’ stuffy air.
They are bobbin’ in the Zephyrs, an’ they shake themselves ‘ith glee,
An’ life is full uv roses, but they’s nary rose fur me.

Yes, here’s a rose, an’ there’s a rose,
     A pretty sight tur see;
But in life’s posy garden,
     They’s nary rose fur me.

O, life is full uv roses, an’ they nod the livelong day;
I see ‘em in profusion scattered all along the way.
They smile, an’ nod an’ frolic, an’ make life a juberlee,
But they ain’t a rose ermongst ‘em thet is bloomin’ there fur me.

Yes, here’s a rose, an’ there’s a rose,
     A wondrous sight tur see;
But in life’s great rose garden,
     They’s nary rose fur me.




Dec. 27, ‘95
Pub. in Boston Courier,
    Feb. 23, 1896



No comments:

Post a Comment