Saturday, December 26, 2015

The Soja Bean Cow



“I’m a-goin’ to sell my cow,
Ain’t no use to keep her now;
Ain’t no use a-gittin’ out
‘Fore daylight, or thereabout,
Feedin’, milkin’, cleanin’ stalls
Bundled up in overalls.
No sir-ee,” said Amos Green,
“I shall plant a Soja bean.”

“In the papers I hev seen
In Japan they hev a bean
You kin plant an’ raise an’ boil,
With a mighty little toil,
Then you can squeeze out, I swow,
Milk ez good ez any cow.
Milk thet’s white an’ pure an’ clean
From the Japan Soja bean.”

“What’s the use a-raisin’ hay
Foolin’ all your time away?
What’s the use a-doin’ chores
When you jest could stay indoors,
Settin’ by the stove an’ boil
All your milk an’ save your toil?
“No sir-ee,” said Amos Green,
“I shall plant a Soja bean.”



Dec. 26, ‘09




No comments:

Post a Comment