Monday, March 30, 2015

Compliments of the Season



I take my pen in hand today
To write a most attractive lay;
A verse to thrill all who shall read
My bright and beneficial screed.
So watch you out, both old and young;
And ponder well what here is sung.
Would you have happiness and health?
Would you have luxury and wealth?
Just follow this down line by line,
And you may strike a diamond mine.
Great secrets I’ll unfold to you,
I’ll bring a pot of gold to you.

Have patience, yet awhile
For you shall broadly smile,
Shall know the joy and ease
Of reading lines like these,
Shall know the things of life
Removed from toil and strife.
Shall feel the magic touch
Of wealth and fame and such,
Shall know the wondrous kinks
And secrets of the Sphynx;
So read on all of you
The great and small of you.

Good things come slow,
As you all know,
But come they will
Your soul to thrill,
And bring you bliss
You would not miss.
So here’s the thing
Of which I sing.
Please take it cool:
‘Tis April Fool!



March 30, ‘09


No comments:

Post a Comment