Saturday, March 28, 2015

Kourapatkin



I’m a brave and mighty soldier, Kourapatkin is my name,
And I fill the Japs with terror when they see my tongue of flame.
When my whisker wave defiance, and my voiceski fills the air
Then the little devils scatter and I’m ruler everywhere.

I’m a warrior bold and fearless, Kourapatkin is my name,
And I hold the winning pasteboards in this quiet little game.
When the fur upon my coatski raises up and down my back
Then the yellow pigmies scatter for they know I’m on their track.

I’m a gray and grizzled vet’ran, Kourapatkin is my name,
G. Washington or Bonaparte they were quite unknown to fame.
And to smash these cunning Japskis I am going to do my best,
For my whisker’ll do it partly and my name will do the rest.


March 28, 1904





Alexei Nikolayevich Kuropatkin (Russian: Алексе́й Никола́евич Куропа́ткин; March 29, 1848 – January 16, 1925) was the Russian Imperial Minister of War from 1898 to 1904, and often held responsible for major Russian defeats in the Russian-Japanese War, most notably at the Battle of Mukden and the Battle of Liaoyang.
   Kuropatkin was involved in the negotiations with the Empire of Japan before the Russo-Japanese War in 1904. He did not support an armed conflict with Japan and opposed the Bezobrazov Circle. His views became firmer after a visit to Japan in June 1903.
   Kuropatkin was heavily involved in the fiasco of the Russian land forces during the war. Although the rationale of his military approach was to wage a war of attrition and to avoid an offensive until the Trans-Siberian Railway brought sufficient troops and materiel, his cautiousness and hesitancy markedly influenced the repeated Russian defeats. Military historians consider his indecisiveness and organizational deficiencies in directing large-scale military operations as a major element in the Russian defeat.
   After the Russian defeat at the Battle of Mukden, Kuropatkin was relieved of command and handed over his post to Nikolai Linevich, formerly commander of the 1st Manchurian Army. However, he insisted that he stay at the front and was given permission to take over Linevich's old post.
                   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleksey_Kuropatkin   
          


No comments:

Post a Comment