Monday, March 30, 2015

The Bobbin Boy Wishes



Gee, whisht I could run a ingun;
     Hain’t no job in the mill
At I would ruther have, no sir –
     E, not by a jug fill.
All you hev tur do is jes’ stan’
     Eroun’ an’ sometimes screw
A valve a turn er two, er squirt
     Some ile mebbie intew
Where the piston goes kerchunk! N’en
     You mebbie take a glance
Up et the gauge tur see’f they’s steam
     Ernough tur make her dance,
An ef the firemen ain’t s-loafin’
     Roun’ the b’iler room. Gee!
But I wisht  I could run a ingun,
     Best job I ever see.

Wouldn’t give a snap tur be
     The super, no sir e;
He hez too much tur do fur me,
     But the inguneer, Gee!
Stoled in the ingun room wonst
     N’ en he hed turned his back,
An’ seen the things a-workin’ there,
     All polished up, by crack –
Y! Bet mebbie I didn’t part
     N’ en he turned erbout
An’ ketched me standin’ there,
     An’ chased me out!
Gee, but I’d jes’ like tur be
     A inguneer, the same ez he.

Gee!
    


March 30, ‘97

Netting Machine

Mill on Creamery Rd., East Haddam, CT

No comments:

Post a Comment